Are you ready to transform your kitchen into a mini café with an at home espresso machines under $2000? If you're passionate about espresso and crave that perfect shot from the comfort of your home, you're in for a treat. We've scoured the market and handpicked five outstanding at-home espresso machines that won't break the bank / at home espresso machines under $2000. Of course, you also want to make sure you are using high quality coffee beans! From beginners to seasoned coffee enthusiasts, there's an at home espresso machine for everyone. Let's dive in
The Gaggia Classic Pro is a budget-friendly option for those looking for an at home espresso machine under $2,000 that doesn't compromise on quality. It features a 15-bar pump, a commercial-style portafilter, and a classic stainless steel body. The machine is user-friendly and offers excellent value for its price.
- Affordable option for espresso enthusiasts on a budget.
- Commercial-style portafilter for consistent extraction.
- Steam wand with a two-hole tip for frothing milk.
- Limited temperature control compared to more advanced models.
- Smaller water reservoir may require more frequent refilling.
Beginners who are just starting their journey with making espresso at home. The Gaggia Classic Pro offers a solid foundation for learning the basics of espresso extraction and milk frothing without breaking the bank.
The Breville Infuser is an entry-level espresso machine designed to deliver consistent results with ease. It features a 15-bar pump, pre-infusion function, and temperature control. The machine's simplicity makes it a great starting point for those new to espresso making.
- Pre-infusion function enhances flavor extraction.
- User-friendly interface with dedicated buttons.
- Stainless steel construction for durability.
- Limited steam power for frothing milk.
- More basic features compared to higher-end models.
Novices who want to dip their toes into the world of at home espresso machines. The Breville Infuser offers a gentle learning curve and helps beginners build confidence in crafting quality espresso shots.
The Breville Barista Express is a crowd-favorite of home espresso machines, offering an all-in-one solution for espresso lovers. This machine comes with a built-in conical burr grinder, simplifying the process of freshly grinding your coffee beans. It features a 15-bar pump, precise temperature control, and a steam wand for frothing milk to perfection.
- Integrated grinder ensures freshness and convenience.
- Intuitive interface with pre-set and customizable settings.
- ThermoJet heating system for rapid startup and consistent temperature.
- Included accessories make it a great value.
- Plastic tamper may not provide the best results for tamping.
- Beginners might find the learning curve a bit steep.
Beginners and espresso enthusiasts who appreciate convenience. The Breville Barista Express is a fantastic choice for those who want an all-in-one solution without compromising on quality.
The Rancilio Silvia is a legendary machine that has stood the test of time. With a strong stainless steel body and a commercial-grade portafilter, the Silvia is known for its durability and precision. It features a 15-bar pump and a large water reservoir, making it a reliable workhorse for crafting espresso.
- Commercial-grade build for durability.
- Excellent temperature stability.
- Traditional steam wand for manual milk frothing.
- Mod-friendly for those who want to customize and upgrade.
- Requires a separate grinder for the best results.
- Learning curve for consistent shots and milk frothing.
Coffee aficionados who appreciate craftsmanship and have some experience with espresso making. The Rancilio Silvia is a fantastic choice for those who want to fine-tune their skills and create café-quality drinks.
The Ascaso Steel Uno is a sleek and stylish home espresso machines under $2000 that combines aesthetics with performance. With a compact footprint, it's perfect for smaller kitchens without compromising on quality. The machine boasts a powerful 15-bar pump, PID temperature control, and a commercial-grade portafilter. The Steel Uno offers a balance between modern features and traditional espresso-making methods.
- Compact design, ideal for limited counter space.
- PID temperature control ensures consistent brewing.
- Commercial-grade portafilter allows for precise extraction.
- Steaming wand delivers creamy microfoam for lattes and cappuccinos.
- Learning curve for beginners to dial in the perfect shot.
- Single boiler design may require time between brewing and steaming.
Intermediate to advanced espresso enthusiasts who want a stylish machine that offers precise control over extraction and steaming. This machine is also a great choice for those who value aesthetics and limited space.
6. Rocket Espresso Appartamento: Italian Craftsmanship
Introducing the Rocket Espresso Appartamento, a true work of Italian craftsmanship that combines style and performance. With its compact size and stunning design, it's a statement piece for any kitchen. This semi-automatic machine boasts a 1.8-liter heat exchange boiler, E61 group head, and PID temperature control, promising consistent espresso extraction. Plus, it’s only 10.5 inches wide, which means it fits in just about any kitchen.
- Italian design exudes elegance and charm.
- E61 group head provides thermal stability for superior shots.
- Heat exchange boiler allows for simultaneous brewing and steaming.
- PID temperature control for precise temperature adjustments.
- Higher price point compared to some other options.
- Requires a separate grinder for optimal results.
Espresso aficionados who appreciate both aesthetics and functionality. The Rocket Espresso Appartamento is a great fit for those seeking Italian design and craftsmanship while aiming to produce barista-quality shots at home.
7. Izzo Alex VIVI 3: Professional Performance
Meet the Izzo Alex VIVI 3, a machine that brings professional-grade performance to your home countertop. Crafted with precision and attention to detail, this dual boiler espresso machine features PID temperature control, a commercial E61 group head, and a powerful steam wand. It's designed to deliver consistency and quality in every shot.
- Dual boiler system for simultaneous brewing and steaming.
- Commercial E61 group head ensures thermal stability.
- PID temperature control allows fine-tuning of extraction.
- Generous water reservoir minimizes refilling frequency.
- Higher price point compared to entry-level models.
- Learning curve for those new to dual boiler machines.
Serious home baristas who are dedicated to mastering the art of espresso-making. The Izzo Alex VIVI 3 offers advanced features for those who want to take their skills to the next level and produce coffee-shop-quality drinks at home.
No matter which machine you choose, remember that the joy of crafting espresso at home is about exploration and discovery. Each of these machines offers a unique way to dive into the world of espresso-making and create your perfect cup. Happy brewing!
(this post contains affiliate links for Amazon.)