Cold brew coffee is all the rage these days, and for good reason. It's smoother and less acidic than regular coffee, and it can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks! Making cold brew at home is actually quite easy, and in this post, we'll show you how.
What You'll Need
To make cold brew at home, you'll need:
-1 lb of coffee beans (medium to coarse grind) - Looking for a coffee to use? We use Abstract for our cold brew.
-64 oz of water
-A large pitcher or jar
-A cheesecloth or coffee filter
-A funnel (optional)
-A glass carafe or mason jar for storing
1. Add the coffee beans to the pitcher or jar.
2. Pour the water over the beans, making sure all of them are submerged.
3. Cover the pitcher or jar with a lid or cheesecloth and let it sit at room temperature for 12-24 hours. The longer it steeps, the stronger the flavor will be.
4. After steeping, strain the coffee using a cheesecloth or coffee filter. If you're using a cheesecloth, you may need to do this in batches.
5. Store the cold brew concentrate in a glass carafe or mason jar in the fridge for up to two weeks. When you're ready to drink it, mix it with water, milk, or ice as desired.
And that's it! Making cold brew at home is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients and tools that you probably already have on hand. Give it a try today and see for yourself why cold brew has become so popular.
Cold brew coffee is smooth, delicious, and easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients and tools. If you've been thinking about trying cold brew coffee but haven't gotten around to it yet, there's no time like the present! Give it a try today and see what all the fuss is about.